with the sky high prices of the 24v fan motors these days I was wondering if I could drop the voltage to 12v and use one of the cheaper 12v motors?
I have used a simple 24v to 12v dropper from amazon to reduce the voltage on a charger socket I have fitted and seems fine.
any thoughts welcome
thanks
24v heater fan motor voltage converter
-
airportableffr
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am
-
airportableffr
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am
Re: 24v heater fan motor voltage converter
oh dear, is it that bad an idea
Re: 24v heater fan motor voltage converter
I can't see it being a problem. You just need to make sure that you work out how much the current draw will be and if the converter can cope with it. You can get them for trailer electrics, so no issue there. I would look for something with a max draw of anything up to 12A given that it is a motor you are trying to run.
-
airportableffr
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am
Re: 24v heater fan motor voltage converter
thanks, that sounds good advice