An early Christmas present

Hi, you have found the Military Lightweight Club Forum!

This Forum is intended as a place to discuss your projects and/or military equipment, ask questions, share knowledge and help one another.

Please register and feel free to introduce yourself and share your views and opinions with other like minded people.

Kind regards, Military Lightweight
Post Reply
phonejim67
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 pm

An early Christmas present

Post by phonejim67 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:49 pm

Time to say hello.
As of Saturday 19 November I am now the proud owner of a 1967 series 2a 2.25 diesel lightweight. I have been looking for some time as I just really like the look of lightweights. Many years ago I managed to pull together a 110 station wagon and that was something I really enjoyed doing. So now with a bit more time on my hands I have been keeping an eye on various adds and suddenly came across one not too far from where I live just outside Newcastle in the North East of England.
It has a truck cab top which makes it a bit unusual. The body is in really good nick but the chassis and vent panel need a bit of work. However it is a runner and the truck cab did come in handy as I drove it 70 miles back home once the deal was struck. So apart from being deaf by the time I got home I wasn't too cold! My wife was following in the car and apparently I was going much faster than the speedo said I was doing. I'm guessing it's calibrated for 6.5 tyres and is fitted with 7.5's.
I guess I'll be making a lot of use of this forum as everything I did on the 110 was with the benefit of a workshop manual and so far haven't managed to track one down for a 2a lightweight.
Look forward to seeing other projects and keeping in touch.
Jim

User avatar
brinv8
Master Baker
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Wendling, Norfolk

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by brinv8 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:39 am

Hello Jim and welcome, always nice to hear about a vehicle being rescued, just remember to put up some photos of your new pride and joy, a single picture is worth a thousand words, and remember keep smiling.
Brian
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250

User avatar
landymad
Admin
Posts: 3979
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 am
Location: Doncaster

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by landymad » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:06 pm

Welcome Jim, look forwards to seeing some pictures of your LWT.
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.

1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------

phonejim67
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by phonejim67 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:54 pm

Thanks landymad and brinv8, I did try and add photos but couldn't figure out how to do it. I messaged the site admin for help but so far no reply. If either of you can offer any advice I would appreciate it thanks.
Jim

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by AR4412 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:52 am

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. There are some knowledgeable people on here who should be able to offer help, advice or a shoulder to cry on when needed. I look forwards to seeing some pics when you can add them.

Below the box you type your message in there is a tag marked 'Attachments', clicking the 'Add files' box should open the 'File Upload' option on your computer where you can dig out the pic you want. Clicking on the pic and selecting it will make it appear in a box that has now opened bellow the 'Add files' box, Clicking 'Place inline' will add the pic to your post so it will be attached when you submit your message.

Something like that anyway. :D

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

phonejim67
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by phonejim67 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Thank you AR4412, I didn't see that bit. I was trying to use the insert imaage graphic above the post. So, fingers crossed.
These are the sellers photo's as Landy is now in the garage and I'm now doing thorough investigation.
1967-front offside.jpg
1967-front offside.jpg (176.92 KiB) Viewed 8063 times
1967-nearside with canvas.jpg
1967-nearside with canvas.jpg (189.21 KiB) Viewed 8063 times
Needs some serious chassis work so it's going to be quite a big project. Looking forwrd to it though.
Jim
Attachments
1967-rear offside.jpg
1967-rear offside.jpg (182.14 KiB) Viewed 8063 times

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by Fossibear » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:47 pm

Hi Jim,

have a good success with your project!

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
Loulou
Pastry Chef
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:12 pm
Location: France

Re: An early Christmas present

Post by Loulou » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 am

Hello,

All my compliments for this acquisition.
A clean base for a quality reconstruction.
To read your next progress on this site.

Perseverance to you.
Regards.
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)

Post Reply