Hello,
This may be the wrong forum for this, but I think this club seems to have the most knowledgeable and land rover savvy people involved.
I have recently swapped my Series 2a Lightweight for a 1999 Wolf Winter Water recently decommissioned from MoD. The winter water comes with a specialist raised air intake. Mine was without the complete assembly when I bought it from the military supplier. It does have the unique Donaldson cyclone and the top wing mount section and cover. However, I am looking for the connecting pipework and breather tube if anyone has/knows where to get one of these? I would take a complete kit if that makes it any easier.
Wolf winter water raised air intake
Re: Wolf winter water raised air intake
I'm not aware of anyone doing a full kit for the Winter/Wader, but they might be out there. There was a part number for the full 'Desert' intake kit that was the Snorkel kit made by Mantec, so it is possible. You could try such places as Blanchards or Withams. IIRC Withams did auction off a pallet of the top sections, and I believe that even B###part do an OEM complete replacement for the top section.
Here's a pic of the intake parts. And here's the parts list with the relevant part numbers. Unfortunately, I don't have a single part number that covers everything from the wing to the top cap.
Regards,
Here's a pic of the intake parts. And here's the parts list with the relevant part numbers. Unfortunately, I don't have a single part number that covers everything from the wing to the top cap.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Wolf winter water raised air intake
HI
Thanks for that. Very useful parts list. I shall being my research, and this will be a great help. Mantec will be first port of call. Have spoken to Donaldson already, thinking that they might have built the pipework, but they don't and they knocked me from pillar to post. Withams etc require regular checking up to see what they have...very binary, but thanks for reminding me about them. Will call again tomorrow.
Thanks for that. Very useful parts list. I shall being my research, and this will be a great help. Mantec will be first port of call. Have spoken to Donaldson already, thinking that they might have built the pipework, but they don't and they knocked me from pillar to post. Withams etc require regular checking up to see what they have...very binary, but thanks for reminding me about them. Will call again tomorrow.
Re: Wolf winter water raised air intake
The Mantec raised intake, if you can find one, is totally different as it fits to the wing's side intake where the air is drawn in on the standard 300Tdi/Td5/Tdci .
It can be seen in this link.
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-LL1174MET
Regards,
It can be seen in this link.
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-LL1174MET
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.