Another Sankey in Germany

Tell us about your Sankey or Trailer
Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:46 am

Hello Looloo,

I passed some tryings from different directions to manage that I can pull this trailer so I try to bring it into a correct order:

first of all in Germany we have different institutions you have to pass though they are at least the TÜV (Technical supervision association). Since several years other institutes can work as the TÜV (like Dekra or GTÜ).
If you have your normal 2years check, then you can choose where you go to.

BUT: not if you want to get the permission to use for example the NATO hook.
Therefore I had to drive to Essen. There works someone who is able to test things like nato hooks wether they are sure for traffic.
This man had tested a nato hook some years ago and he gave me the number for my hook (as to see in the picture som posts ago) and some paper with the permission to use it legally.
This was act number 1.

Problem is, that in this permission is said, that the hook must be able to rotate 360 degrees and the clutch from the trailer is just allowed to Rotte 15 degrees to each side :( …

I don’t think this to be logical but the „guru of the number“ has said so…

Next step was, to go to the GTÜ ( I knew the engineer there) and we made up our minds, how we could reach the aim of 15 degrees for the trailer. At least I offered him a solution and after this he permitted my trailer to be used in official traffic (but not with the rear triangle reflectors with the dots ;) ).

Problem here: the permission allows me to use the trailer only with 750 kg total weight and it is not ! braked !!!

After this I went to the „Strassenverkehrsamt/Zulassungsstelle) where my trailer was permitted (Erstzulassung) and I got the numberplate :D

As framenumber they accepted the number which is imprinted on the plate in front of the left side of the frame :D :D :mrgreen:

That’s the story and I can tell you: it was just a bit mor complicated then I have written down it here :shock:

Have a nice Sunday to,

Steve

… don’t know, wether I could help you but hope so
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
Loulou
Pastry Chef
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Loulou » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:00 am

Hi Steve,
Thank you for taking the time for this constructive response.

Well… Indeed a complex administrative journey.
I do not have an "entry key" in the French administrative meanders and moreover here there is little or no will to move forward and administrative "risk taking" is non-existent ... even if you arrive with it. a new rebuilt Sankey.

Thank you again, it's almost time for a midday aperitif… :!

Regards
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:26 am

Hi Looloo,

that’s the problem in Germany too: it’s getting less and less, that someone wants to take risk. And it’s just not understandable: a NATO hook was and is used millions of times without more accidents as with normal hooks. A trailer like the Sankey NT is constructed so heavy an durable (much mor than those trailers you can buy in a hardware store). Isn’t it testing enough?

And at least: no risk- no fun ;)

Yes - time for a little aperitif :D - à votre santé :!

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Post Reply