Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
Wanted 200TDI powered lightweight , prefer with galvanised chassis , must be up and running . Thanks Roy
- removeduser185
- Cake Guru
- Posts: 3531
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
Have to say no on that , too extreme . Don’t like the 5 Speed box or coil springs. Too far away from standard.
Thanks though Roy
Thanks though Roy
-
Poacher3536
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:18 pm
- Location: Peterborough
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
Hi,
As a recent purchaser of a 200TDI lightweight I thought I’d drop in to this thread.
I’m not sure if you’ve had one with a 200 before? Personally I love it, mines got a disco 200 with low mounted turbo. Not much room left in engine bay to access things and the noise is very much on the loud side.
I’ve had a virtual fight with DVLA and although now successful, ensure the V5 has been changed prior to buying. It seems it depends on who deals with your case, depends on easy it becomes. I’d also suggest, if possible buy one with a rad fan fitted, mine didn’t come with one (soon to be fixed) and at low speed was in danger of overheating.
Whilst not for the purist its not that uncommon to find 200 TDI power in lightweights. Good luck on your search.
As a recent purchaser of a 200TDI lightweight I thought I’d drop in to this thread.
I’m not sure if you’ve had one with a 200 before? Personally I love it, mines got a disco 200 with low mounted turbo. Not much room left in engine bay to access things and the noise is very much on the loud side.
I’ve had a virtual fight with DVLA and although now successful, ensure the V5 has been changed prior to buying. It seems it depends on who deals with your case, depends on easy it becomes. I’d also suggest, if possible buy one with a rad fan fitted, mine didn’t come with one (soon to be fixed) and at low speed was in danger of overheating.
Whilst not for the purist its not that uncommon to find 200 TDI power in lightweights. Good luck on your search.
20HF23 - 1980 Series III FFR lightweight - now 200TDI/12v
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
My lightweight is 200tdi powered, while not for the purists it does mean I can attend more shows and drag the Sankey behind me not worrying about every hill!
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
I have one. I swapped it out for a Defender 50th anniversary about 2 years ago in order to bypass ULEZ payments when used to lug heavy audio gear to my studio in London. It has been great, but now one of my other classics has become ULEZ exempt (rolling 40 years), this feature is less important now, and my wife will not drive it due to no power steering! She has allowed me to look for a Wolf instead. Therefore I am a reluctant seller of a really great Series 2a Lightweight with 200TDi
It has been painted metallic brown and has a 200Tdi engine with intercooler and Kenlow fan, Exmoor hood with roll up sides, Fairey free wheel hubs, Defender door mirrors, all the fly screens, High back PVC seats, folding rear bench seats, LWB brakes with servo, high ratio Range Rover type 3.5 diffs, pro comp shock absorbers, military split rim wheels, 2 piece tail gate, original tool box (these are often lost), both fuel tanks although only one is piped in….in fact, that its achilles heel…the petrol filler arrangement is annoyingly slow to fill but otherwise this vehicle is in great shape having been well restored. The 4x4 and low and high ratio are all working properly. A tiny bit of rust on the wheel arch and in the nearside door handle, but that’s it. No rot on the bulk head at all.
If interested I have more photos and details so please PM me.
It has been painted metallic brown and has a 200Tdi engine with intercooler and Kenlow fan, Exmoor hood with roll up sides, Fairey free wheel hubs, Defender door mirrors, all the fly screens, High back PVC seats, folding rear bench seats, LWB brakes with servo, high ratio Range Rover type 3.5 diffs, pro comp shock absorbers, military split rim wheels, 2 piece tail gate, original tool box (these are often lost), both fuel tanks although only one is piped in….in fact, that its achilles heel…the petrol filler arrangement is annoyingly slow to fill but otherwise this vehicle is in great shape having been well restored. The 4x4 and low and high ratio are all working properly. A tiny bit of rust on the wheel arch and in the nearside door handle, but that’s it. No rot on the bulk head at all.
If interested I have more photos and details so please PM me.
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
Hi Darrel , pm sent .
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
Still looking , anything around ?
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
I know mine is not your colour, but take a look here:
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/197 ... ightweight
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/197 ... ightweight
Re: Wanted 200TDI powered Lightweight
So did it sell at that price ? I’m still lookingalfajet7 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:59 pmI know mine is not your colour, but take a look here:
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/197 ... ightweight