Reference for windshield glass
Reference for windshield glass
Hello gentlemen.
I am looking for the correct reference for the windshield glazing.
However, the catalog for:
- The Series3 gives: MTC5318 (laminated)
- The LWT gives: MRC6520
By searching, the reference "MRC6520" (LWT) corresponds to "Rear sliding window for 2 door Range Rover" (Craddock) or is not known (Blanchard).
My questions are:
Is the windshield of an SIII the same as that of an LWT?
Do you have it made "to measure"?
Is there a magic solution?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Looloo
I am looking for the correct reference for the windshield glazing.
However, the catalog for:
- The Series3 gives: MTC5318 (laminated)
- The LWT gives: MRC6520
By searching, the reference "MRC6520" (LWT) corresponds to "Rear sliding window for 2 door Range Rover" (Craddock) or is not known (Blanchard).
My questions are:
Is the windshield of an SIII the same as that of an LWT?
Do you have it made "to measure"?
Is there a magic solution?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)
Re: Reference for windshield glass
Looloo
Yes - series 3 same as Lightweight. I replaced both mine earlier this year from Craddocks. I bought a roll of 10 mm wide glazing tape used for double glazing units & used that to hold glass in place. No leaks so far!
Yes - series 3 same as Lightweight. I replaced both mine earlier this year from Craddocks. I bought a roll of 10 mm wide glazing tape used for double glazing units & used that to hold glass in place. No leaks so far!
Re: Reference for windshield glass
Hi Looloo,
I think the part number in the microfiche parts list is a misprint, and it should read MRC6530. This is the number shown in the civilian parts lists I have access to.
Regards,
I think the part number in the microfiche parts list is a misprint, and it should read MRC6530. This is the number shown in the civilian parts lists I have access to.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Reference for windshield glass
Hello Gentlemen,
Thank you for your helpful clarifications.
I have to take the risk of a delivery of windows and / or find the competent dealer.
Have a good weekend.
Regards.
LL
Thank you for your helpful clarifications.
I have to take the risk of a delivery of windows and / or find the competent dealer.
Have a good weekend.
Regards.
LL
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)
Re: Reference for windshield glass
Got mine from Craddocks earlier this year and used flexistrip to seal. No problems so far with rain.
24FM27
Re: Reference for windshield glass
I also placed my windscreen order last week with Craddocks. New stainless screws and polished the retaining strips.
Keith
Keith
Close Protection Officer
VIP transport, travel & accommodation
VIP transport, travel & accommodation
Re: Reference for windshield glass
Hi all, I have the double sided tape, a tube of glazing sealant and am replacing the screws with hex headed larger screws as I had to drill out many of the old ones. So will be re-tapping 37 holes. Just checking the double sided tape goes on the front of the glass and presses against the inside of the frame? Do I use some of the sealant on the rear side before assembling? The diagram shows 78159 A/R as a thick foam-like piece... I've heard of dum dum paste and all sorts of ways to do this but wanted the opinion from the experts.
Re: Reference for windshield glass
Hi,
The brackets 330668-69-etc are only used to hold the glass; the seal is on the front face and not behind. It is normal that these brackets are not at right angles (90 °). Do not overtighten the screws.
Check inside the frame if there are no protruding solder tips and / or galvanized steel at all four corners; I just cracked one of the windows while pressing and it's a shame.
You can use the end of plastic braces (by cutting them of course) to position the tiling, it makes small very practical wedges to support the glass in its lower part against the lower frame of the windshield.
I use black polyurethane putty for the bathrooms, it's quite fluid and it diffuses well around the mirror. Also a glazier's suction cup to position the glass in the frame.
Work flat on a large table, do some "blank" tests before and repeat your "gestures"; once the putty is in place, the mistake is tricky.
Do not force when pressing, the brackets 330668-69-etc mounted in "blank" test plus the glass thickness gives you the thickness of the joint. We can clearly see through the glass the mastic diffuse / distribute.
Other methods exist.
Regards.
Looloo
The brackets 330668-69-etc are only used to hold the glass; the seal is on the front face and not behind. It is normal that these brackets are not at right angles (90 °). Do not overtighten the screws.
Check inside the frame if there are no protruding solder tips and / or galvanized steel at all four corners; I just cracked one of the windows while pressing and it's a shame.
You can use the end of plastic braces (by cutting them of course) to position the tiling, it makes small very practical wedges to support the glass in its lower part against the lower frame of the windshield.
I use black polyurethane putty for the bathrooms, it's quite fluid and it diffuses well around the mirror. Also a glazier's suction cup to position the glass in the frame.
Work flat on a large table, do some "blank" tests before and repeat your "gestures"; once the putty is in place, the mistake is tricky.
Do not force when pressing, the brackets 330668-69-etc mounted in "blank" test plus the glass thickness gives you the thickness of the joint. We can clearly see through the glass the mastic diffuse / distribute.
Other methods exist.
Regards.
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)