British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

This sub-forum is where you can share your Impressions with other members. Please make every effort to be as accurate as possible with the uniform you are depicting. Please state the uniform and era when adding a new thread e.g. Op Granby - 1981, or, NI 1968 to 1976, or, Op Nimrod - 1980, or, Army Air Corps Pilot - 1980s. If you are unsure about something, that's OK, mention it and someone may respond with help.
Post Reply
User avatar
removeduser185
Cake Guru
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm

British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by removeduser185 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Image
https://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=17

I've no idea whether anyone on here is interested, nor whether £70 is a good price for one, but, it would be a shame if someone did want one and missed it. Rob - you were talking about rebuilding a VPK lightweight - perhaps it might make an interesting accessory!

No good for me - I'm too big.

Freda and I did a defensive driving course during which we were driving an armoured Defender. We had to wear body armour. With a flak jacket on, Freda couldn't get out of the vehicle as, in order to reach the pedals, she had to be so close to the steering wheel she was wedged in. I, on the other hand, couldn't get in to a Defender wearing a flak jacket - because, even with the seat right back there wasn't room for me in a flak jacket behind the wheel. Just a thought for anyone wanting one - the driver's seat on the Lightweight is fixed! :lol:

User avatar
hibbo
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Gatwick west sussex

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by hibbo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 am

Hi Fred, bit expensive I've got one I'm willing to pass on for £40.
Graham.

Gatwick, west Sussex

Buy British, now it's more important than ever.

1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike

User avatar
landymad
Admin
Posts: 3979
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 am
Location: Doncaster

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by landymad » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:04 am

thanks for the heads up, i went a little crazy at one point and bought most type of body armour right up to the MTP version! So im ok at the moment.

This particular version goes for between 50 and 100 all day long so @hibbo's 40 is a good price.
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.

1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------

User avatar
removeduser185
Cake Guru
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by removeduser185 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Image

Saw this on a local veterans' site. Tickled me! Didn't know where to put it so it can go here!

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by AR4412 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 am

:D

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

Sconie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by Sconie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:56 pm

hibbo wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 am
Hi Fred, bit expensive I've got one I'm willing to pass on for £40.
I'm looking to portray a diorama of NI when I get my lightweight as I served back in the day. What size would you say your vest fits? in UK standard size. I'm a 46/48 jacket so need to be XL size.

Cheers

User avatar
hibbo
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Gatwick west sussex

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by hibbo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm

I will have a look at mine tomorrow and see what size it is,
Graham.

Gatwick, west Sussex

Buy British, now it's more important than ever.

1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike

Sconie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by Sconie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:27 pm

Cheers mate.

User avatar
hibbo
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Gatwick west sussex

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by hibbo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 am

Hi, my vest is marked large, I'm 46" chest and I've got loads of chest room. Pm me if your interested.
Attachments
IMG_20200630_111110.jpg
IMG_20200630_111110.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 24307 times
IMG_20200630_111125.jpg
IMG_20200630_111125.jpg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 24307 times
Graham.

Gatwick, west Sussex

Buy British, now it's more important than ever.

1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike

Sconie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: British Army NI-era flak jackets for sale on MILWEB

Post by Sconie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:41 pm

Pm sent

Post Reply