52HG25 Rolling Resto
52HG25 Rolling Resto
Hi Guys as you might of seen on the intro page I am the new owner of 52HG25 and I plan on bring her back to her former military spec, originally a 24v FFR spec she has been converted to 12v at some point be it in or out of service so long term will be reinstating that but for now it is getting the parabolic springs gone and the after market wheels swapped along with a repaint from yank OD to NATO green/black.
Trawling the EMER parts list as fun as it is can be rather time consuming when some parts do not have associated civilian part numbers along side, so my plea for today (probably the first of many to you more knowledgeable than myself) is there someone who has a full list of all suspension civilian part numbers I can then used on Blanchards or the like to empty my bank account? I have been able to source a very good condition set of take off 7 leaf springs but will need everything else.
More pics and progress work will be added once I have time but if you want to see my progress so far I am on D2.net with a few of my toys.
Cheers in advance everyone, I will no doubt be asking a lot of questions as this is my first lightweight but I am a dab hand at some other green fleet so hopefully I can help out with that.
Trawling the EMER parts list as fun as it is can be rather time consuming when some parts do not have associated civilian part numbers along side, so my plea for today (probably the first of many to you more knowledgeable than myself) is there someone who has a full list of all suspension civilian part numbers I can then used on Blanchards or the like to empty my bank account? I have been able to source a very good condition set of take off 7 leaf springs but will need everything else.
More pics and progress work will be added once I have time but if you want to see my progress so far I am on D2.net with a few of my toys.
Cheers in advance everyone, I will no doubt be asking a lot of questions as this is my first lightweight but I am a dab hand at some other green fleet so hopefully I can help out with that.
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Hi Mash,
For the 7 leaf springs, and your contract number, (being the same as mine), you should need the following parts.
Front U bolts, 3x NRC5002 and 1x NRC5007. Nuts, 8x NY112041L. These are metric M12 U-bolts and nuts for the E Suffix front axle.
Rear U bolts, 4x NRC3885, Nuts as above. Metric fittings as above. Your axle, if like mine, is probably a Suffix D.
Check the threads on your axle U-bolts, as even with the parabolics fitted the original U bolts may have been retained.
Regards,
For the 7 leaf springs, and your contract number, (being the same as mine), you should need the following parts.
Front U bolts, 3x NRC5002 and 1x NRC5007. Nuts, 8x NY112041L. These are metric M12 U-bolts and nuts for the E Suffix front axle.
Rear U bolts, 4x NRC3885, Nuts as above. Metric fittings as above. Your axle, if like mine, is probably a Suffix D.
Check the threads on your axle U-bolts, as even with the parabolics fitted the original U bolts may have been retained.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Forgot to mention last night, (as not shown in the past list to jog my memory), that my front springs/axles had 'slipper pads' fitted. P/No NRC3472.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Ah Awesome thank you.
I believe my hangers are the original ones but the ubolts may have been change, I'm not too sure what bushes are with the springs or even if the shocks are correct, time will tell as the springs are currently with a friend and I will be unable to collect for a little while due to all that's going on.
Today I managed to get the electronic ignition fitted and started to strip off some ancils in prep for a re-paint before work.
I believe my hangers are the original ones but the ubolts may have been change, I'm not too sure what bushes are with the springs or even if the shocks are correct, time will tell as the springs are currently with a friend and I will be unable to collect for a little while due to all that's going on.
Today I managed to get the electronic ignition fitted and started to strip off some ancils in prep for a re-paint before work.
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Well with a few afternoons and mornings off (got to love Shift work) I've managed to get a fair bit done on the wagon, the horrible OD green is now 95% gone and the NATO green/Black is on
sourced a few parts including fuel tanks as mine only has one fitted at the moment so I've been able to clean and de rust it before giving it the first of two coats of paint and a final topping of Dinitrol.
sourced a few parts including fuel tanks as mine only has one fitted at the moment so I've been able to clean and de rust it before giving it the first of two coats of paint and a final topping of Dinitrol.
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Paint job:
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Few Random ones:
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Ok no idea why I know have to turn my computer on its side to view 
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Ok me and the mrs have been flat out on any time off to get her ready for the first military vehicle run and Land Rover run since the lockdown has eased off.
Rear half of the chassis and rear axle has been wire wheeled and repaint by her whilst I’ve been pottering around on various other bits, the front half is now underway and should be sorted by tomorrow.
Rear half of the chassis and rear axle has been wire wheeled and repaint by her whilst I’ve been pottering around on various other bits, the front half is now underway and should be sorted by tomorrow.
Re: 52HG25 Rolling Resto
Also picked up this ammo tin for some additional secure storage.