A Little Box has Arrived.
A Little Box has Arrived.
But, can anyone guess what is inside this time?
The parcel dimensions are 37 x 25 x 21 cm, and all up weight of the parcel was 2.3Kg. Don't let the figures fool you as the objects size may be diferent, and it's weight is only 1.5Kg. Regards,
The parcel dimensions are 37 x 25 x 21 cm, and all up weight of the parcel was 2.3Kg. Don't let the figures fool you as the objects size may be diferent, and it's weight is only 1.5Kg. Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
- Sidders101
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2406
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm
- Location: Winchester
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Well..all I can offer is that the packaging is very similar to D&B packing dept decor.
I will go for....Lmg 4 cartridge catcher.
I will go for....Lmg 4 cartridge catcher.
Sidders
1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)
1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Hiya Sidders!
You sir, know your packaging. It is indeed an item from D&B, but not for an LMG.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
- Sidders101
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2406
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm
- Location: Winchester
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
I shall await some clueage...!
Sidders
1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)
1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Nit had a look in D&B for ages, mmm weight and size seems about right for a claymore...

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Hiya Shaun!
,
No, not a claymore mate. Although I would like a complete claymore/bag/firing cable/clacker set at some point.
Regards,
No, not a claymore mate. Although I would like a complete claymore/bag/firing cable/clacker set at some point.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
- removeduser185
- Cake Guru
- Posts: 3531
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Hmm! I used to have several of these at one time (not the claymores themselves, of course, as they had been fired), but the ancillaries and bags. When we did demolition training we used to set them off using det cord and safety fuse so all this stuff was left over. I used to have the hand firing devices for RDKs as well - they were wind-up dynamo-style exploders. Everything went when we cleared out my father's attic after he died! It's annoying when you realise you've got rid of something you later want. Same with all my uniforms when I left the army - I could have kept everything, instead I even got rid of my woolly pullies - why?
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
L85 CWS?
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Hiya Bob!
,
I'm not that rich mate.
Regards,
I'm not that rich mate.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: A Little Box has Arrived.
Hiya Neil
I thought I'd start exotic mate, just on the off chance
, so not LMG, maybe GPMG 50rd box mag but you've probably got one anyway?
BTW, you beat me to that 4.5" case of Shaun's!!, I'd clocked it from a ammo box on gleebay N97, Mk8 or something like that IIRC.
Best,
Bob
I thought I'd start exotic mate, just on the off chance
BTW, you beat me to that 4.5" case of Shaun's!!, I'd clocked it from a ammo box on gleebay N97, Mk8 or something like that IIRC.
Best,
Bob
Last edited by Bob Fell on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.