Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
- removeduser185
- Cake Guru
- Posts: 3531
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Is it one of those padded insulated containers for keeping a vacuum flask warm?
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Sorry Fred, not for a thermos.
The current situation has Neil as the closest, its just possible that thinking should be across not around.
Shaun
The current situation has Neil as the closest, its just possible that thinking should be across not around.
Shaun

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Hi Shaun!
Total guess, but maybe VE/WW2 themed?
PIAT Round? If not, can you give us a clue regarding the dates whatever it is, was in service for?
Regards
Total guess, but maybe VE/WW2 themed?
PIAT Round? If not, can you give us a clue regarding the dates whatever it is, was in service for?
Regards
- Sidders101
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2406
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm
- Location: Winchester
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
a PIAT was my guess.
Sidders
1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)
1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
OK not a PIAT...
Mmm another clue that won't completely give the game away.
Weapons with this bore have been in use for a fairly long time, certainly pre WW1, my item however is dated to 1972, which makes it fairly early for the weapon system its designed for.
Hope that helps
Shaun
Mmm another clue that won't completely give the game away.
Weapons with this bore have been in use for a fairly long time, certainly pre WW1, my item however is dated to 1972, which makes it fairly early for the weapon system its designed for.
Hope that helps
Shaun

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
- removeduser185
- Cake Guru
- Posts: 3531
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Something to do with a 40mm grenade launcher?
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
I've tried very hard, but have failed, to get the thought of 105mm out of my head for some reason.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Hello Fred, nope not grenade or launcher related.
Neil, I have been after a nice 105 projectile for a goodly while to go with a nice light gun casing I have. And the 105mm round has a long history with several countries having used it for a very long time. Sadly The L118 however didn't enter service until about 1976.
One last clue
It’s destined to end up here Hope that helps
Shaun
Neil, I have been after a nice 105 projectile for a goodly while to go with a nice light gun casing I have. And the 105mm round has a long history with several countries having used it for a very long time. Sadly The L118 however didn't enter service until about 1976.
One last clue
It’s destined to end up here Hope that helps
Shaun

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Been meaning to post this up for a few days but don't seem to have found the time.
Last clue!
Last clue!
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20200525_162021.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 6071 times

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: Well I think we all understand the concept, what’s...
Hiya Shaun!
,
With that last clue, I think I may have got it. It did enter my head as a thought previously, but I stayed on the thinking lines of land based guns so rulled it out. I think it's a 4.5" practice round for a Naval gun fitted to a boat. (That should wind Graham up.
) If so is it for your Falklands kit collection/display?
Off to do some digging on the 4.5" as all I know is it's 114mm in new money.
Regards,
With that last clue, I think I may have got it. It did enter my head as a thought previously, but I stayed on the thinking lines of land based guns so rulled it out. I think it's a 4.5" practice round for a Naval gun fitted to a boat. (That should wind Graham up.
Off to do some digging on the 4.5" as all I know is it's 114mm in new money.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.