Another Sankey in Germany

Tell us about your Sankey or Trailer
LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Congratulations!
Good buy!

Ltwtbarmy
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Ltwtbarmy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:23 am

You’re welcome. Glad I managed to help. Enjoy!
1984 RAF 109 GS 63KC41 RAF Catterick
1975 RAF Ltwt 75AM54 RAF Luqa and Wyton
1962 Army 88 GS 09EK34 DERR

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Now the substructure is ready I think. Yesterday and today I managed, to connect all the cables and I’ve tested it, all lights work as they should do :D :
4D349AF6-29F3-4540-A8B6-BB497399023F.jpeg
4D349AF6-29F3-4540-A8B6-BB497399023F.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 3045 times
F15E6A6F-FA28-47B4-A98E-3E30B6619D87.jpeg
F15E6A6F-FA28-47B4-A98E-3E30B6619D87.jpeg (983.1 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
Even the Union Jack has find his place:
368BD018-F208-447B-BFD7-4DA798DAA02A.jpeg
368BD018-F208-447B-BFD7-4DA798DAA02A.jpeg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 3045 times
Now the tub must become restored - I suppose the best thing to start with is to sandblast the whole thing and to do some welding wich is also not a work which I can do...

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Looks good!

User avatar
removeduser185
Cake Guru
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by removeduser185 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Very nice indeed. And I'm glad you've been able to source Claudio's book. Really excellent - you can browse through it for hours.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Thank you very much,

yes - I’m very satisfied with the outcome of my work :D

and I am looking foreword for this book!

Have a good next week, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 pm

That book and Mark‘s book are absolutely brilliant! Worth buying and worth reading it again and again!
Regards
LR88LW

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Mark‘s book I do have - and I don’t know how often I have had a look into the book - just to find something out!

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Fri May 01, 2020 9:04 am

Since yesterday I can study the new book of Claudio Lencioni! :)

Good new information, many pictures and details!

Thank you very much for the hint and link! :D

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun May 31, 2020 11:34 am

Yesterday I finished the electric work by connecting the socket -cables with the wiring of my Lightweight. I think everything could work fine now but at least the tub still must be sandblasted.
I’m working but it is not so easy for me because I need a trailer where I put the tub on and I need it twice at minimum because it can last two days till I get it back. And then I have to trail it to those people who will weld it for me... bit complicated but I’ll manage it somehow.

Yesterday came a answer from Merlin Report : they haven’t found something about this Sankey NT.

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Post Reply