Another Sankey in Germany

Tell us about your Sankey or Trailer
Post Reply
Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Good evening,

the day after tomorrow I‘ll fetch my Sankey NT :D

Here a first question: does there exist a similar history for trailers as for other vehicles in the British Army?
On Saturday I will see how readable the id- plate is.

Then will come the first pics too,

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by fv1620 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes

Check & see if they have it here:

http://www.rlcarchive.org/VehicleSrch
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi,

now I‘ve got my Sankey trailer :D X!

After I have tried to fill the fields with the dares I have got now at rlcarchive I get now answers :o

Perhaps does someone here know how I can find something about my trailer (perhaps the units of serving and the numberplate (32 ET 43?) and year of begin of service?
B5970733-BCAE-4EA2-8D38-C2CD3FBAE0F2.jpeg
B5970733-BCAE-4EA2-8D38-C2CD3FBAE0F2.jpeg (2 MiB) Viewed 17376 times
7DD977F4-5562-4BFD-884F-56F202978004.jpeg
7DD977F4-5562-4BFD-884F-56F202978004.jpeg (3.66 MiB) Viewed 17376 times
309499C2-1E9E-4D70-93D0-CAA95A8363B4.jpeg
309499C2-1E9E-4D70-93D0-CAA95A8363B4.jpeg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 17376 times
[attachment=0]A9C36BA0-47C4-41C7-AC65-6C0E6AD84BE9.jpeg[/

Would be very kind,
Steve
Attachments
A9C36BA0-47C4-41C7-AC65-6C0E6AD84BE9.jpeg
A9C36BA0-47C4-41C7-AC65-6C0E6AD84BE9.jpeg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 17376 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by fv1620 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Fossibear wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:57 pm

After I have tried to fill the fields with the dares I have got now at rlcarchive I get now answers :o
They do hold the records for your trailer. Just enter it as 32ET43 not as 32 ET 43 & leave the other lines blank
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm

Ah, ok, thank you!
Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi,
can someone tell me, in which year my Sankey could have come into service while the numberplate is 32 ET 43?

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by AR4412 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi Steve,

I believe that ET should put your trailer somewhere around 1966/67.

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Wow, so old it could be?
Thank you very much Neil!

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Well, meanwhile I have put of the more or less smaller parts of my Sankey.
I am so happy, that every screw and nut came of with normal manpower.
The layers of colours and some underbody protection stuff have protected the most of the threads.
Sorrowly the plug with the 12 Pins is missing and I want to ask here, whether someone here has got one and can sell it to me?

Have a nice weekend,

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Today again worked on my Sanky.

The tub I put down last days already. Now I made off the loose parts of colour and I found this:
98489620-D561-4038-80AB-542E44DAC1F6.jpeg
98489620-D561-4038-80AB-542E44DAC1F6.jpeg (875.84 KiB) Viewed 17016 times
What does this sign mean? Can somebody tell me?

And I have a question with the rings in the tub: how are they fixed?

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Post Reply