History of my Commando

Post here for parts and accesories wanted. Trade/Business adverts, without permission from The Forum Admin will be removed.
JMM

History of my Commando

Post by JMM » Mon May 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey!
Can you tell me how to obtain the B card of my Commando
Thanks
BR

alz

Re: History of my Commando

Post by alz » Mon May 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Ex-Marines vehicle? The B cards for Navy transport used to available from the Royal Naval Dockyard at Portsmouth - should be able to get contact address online - but believe they only had a limited number of records kept.
An old pal of mine was once trying to check on an ex-Navy truck some years back and told info had been destroyed years before.

Fred
Bake Off Judge

Post by Fred » Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 pm

JMM wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:33 pm
Hey!
Can you tell me how to obtain the B card of my Commando
Thanks
BR
Do you have the military registration number? It will be on a plate attached to the dashboard along with other information such as the contract number and the details of the vehicle, "Truck, Utility, 4x4 Rover etc" for example. If you do then you can check whether the B card is available by going to this site and entering the registration number. http://www.rlcarchive.org The registration number will be a pair of numbers, a pair of letters then a second pair of numbers such as 24FM45.
Best,
Fred

1979 Series 3 GS, 23HF14

JMM

Post by JMM » Tue May 15, 2018 3:08 pm

merci :D

JMM

Post by JMM » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Hello again,

I'm really struggling to make sense of all the technical words that you guys oftenly use. I'm French btw, my son is writing this for me, he has a diploma in English Civilisation so that's why this message is way clearer than the previous ones. That being said, I do have a question regarding the term: "Registration Number", what do you mean by that and where can I find it?

Thanks again.
JMM.

Fred
Bake Off Judge

Post by Fred » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm

JMM wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm
Hello again,

I'm really struggling to make sense of all the technical words that you guys oftenly use. I'm French btw, my son is writing this for me, he has a diploma in English Civilisation so that's why this message is way clearer than the previous ones. That being said, I do have a question regarding the term: "Registration Number", what do you mean by that and where can I find it?

Thanks again.
JMM.
It's the unique identifying number which every vehicle, pretty much everywhere in the world, must carry at the front and rear - usually on the front bumper and the rear tailgate or boot.
RMP Land Rover 110 at an RMP vehicle control point Bosnia 1999.jpg
RMP Land Rover 110 at an RMP vehicle control point Bosnia 1999.jpg (112.06 KiB) Viewed 172 times
In this case it is 70KJ06. This number is also found, on British military vehicles, on a data plate inside the cab - like this one:
19HF39 Bulkhead dataplate small.jpg
19HF39 Bulkhead dataplate small.jpg (140.89 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Where it says "Reg No" - ignore the plastic sticker above the data plate which is a unit device for recording its assets.
Best,
Fred

1979 Series 3 GS, 23HF14

dodgevince

Post by dodgevince » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:19 am

Hello!

Pour commencer, le terme "Commando" n'est pas courant au Royaume-Uni, ou ces land rover sont connus sous l'appellation" Airportable, Lightweight"

D'ou la question de Alz qui te demande si ton véhicule a servi dans un RM commando.

Pour obtenir ta B-card, deux options: Soit tu trouves l'ERM (l'immatriculation militaire de ton Land Rover) comme indiqué par Fred (comme "45 HG 61"), que tu trouveras sur une plaque dans le tableau de bord.

Es-tu sûr que ton véhicule n'est pas un ex-hollandais? (clignotants placés au dessus des ailes et conduite à gauche uniquement, feux arrières en blocs type Hella pour certains à priori)

Si tu ne disposes pas de plaque, tu peux toujours rechercher sur le site du musée du Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) avec ton numéro de chassis. S'ils ont quelque chose, il te faudra payer pour obtenir la copie des documents. Il existe aussi une possibilité d'obtenir une version électronique (email, service gratuit) par le FOI (freedom of information), mais cela concerne les materiels plus recents normalement.

Bonne recherche!

Regards,

Vince

PS: To all, sorry for this intervention in Molière's tongue, but I suspect it will ease our friend's query... :!
69 KF 06: Land Rover 90 GS, 1986, 12V, Diesel, Soft Top, ex DST and AFC Harrogate "CHURCHILL"
50 KE 43: Sankey Wide Track trailer, 1986, 12V, ex RA and SAS "Pvt WIDETRACK"