I think this is the only picture I have seen with the tailgate removed showing the base of the grab rail.
Rear load grab rail airportable ????
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
Great image Clive not seen that one before
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
-
andrewjsimpson1977
- Cake Guru
- Posts: 3613
- Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm
- Location: Befordshire
Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
Suspect that is a development version though - look at the lifting eyes - uses the earlier non-lightweight bigger hooped type.
Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
Yes pre-production/ trials vehicle with out a doubt.
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
- removeduser185
- Cake Guru
- Posts: 3531
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm
Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
I wonder how it was fixed. It must have been clamped pretty tightly given the bend in it at the rear. Later ones, as you all know, fixed into the lower tailgate - a much better solution as far as holding it in lace is concerned, but, of course, requiring a tailgate.
I must say, the Lightweight does look good stripped down. And it is nice to see more photos emerging - I hadn't seen that one before.
Fred
I must say, the Lightweight does look good stripped down. And it is nice to see more photos emerging - I hadn't seen that one before.
Fred
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
I was misled by the vegetation, I have seen it before.
Here is the tarted up version in the Data Summary EMER WHEELED VEHICLES Q 020/7 later amended to Q 020/4 (as Rover 7 Ambulances were assigned /7 then all Rover Ambulances assigned to /2 with introduction of Rover 9, 11 & S3 )
Here is the tarted up version in the Data Summary EMER WHEELED VEHICLES Q 020/7 later amended to Q 020/4 (as Rover 7 Ambulances were assigned /7 then all Rover Ambulances assigned to /2 with introduction of Rover 9, 11 & S3 )
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.