Notification of content?

We have tried to make the website viewable on all popular browsers in any resolution. If you encounter problems viewing, navigating or using the site, please post here. We also welcome your comments and suggestions to help with the site and forum development.
Fred
Bake Off Judge

Re: Notification of content?

Post by Fred » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 pm

fv1620 wrote:Don't think we have any mayors here.

At least I no longer live in an area that was annexed against our will to become part of a National Park.

Even the dog's insurance premium has now gone down, but strangely the car insurance had to go up because our new post code. Thanks Adrian but there only 3 dwellings in our post code :shock:
We've got mayors in our village, there's one with a foal just across the road...

And, having seen Clive's Rover, yes, I can confirm it is rather smart. Incidentally, there was an Army one in the village today... no idea what it was up to, but then, we get low-flying C130s through the valley as well. Just enough to stop me getting too nostalgic!

Are you going to Malvern on Sunday, Clive?

Fred
Best,
Fred

1979 Series 3 GS, 23HF14

fv1620
Master Baker

Post by fv1620 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Yes Fred hopefully. Haven't worked out how early I need to get up. Do you want a lift in said vehicle?
Clive Elliott

Wanted British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications.

jonboy

Post by jonboy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Even my little 125 Vespa will cost £12.50 a day
to ride in central London and now he wants to extend it
out to the north and south circular

Tinweasel
Maître Pâtissier

Post by Tinweasel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:36 am

jonboy wrote:Even my little 125 Vespa will cost £12.50 a day
to ride in central London and now he wants to extend it
out to the north and south circular
What are the charges involved in driving into London these days, I have a silly notion of taking a convoy of stripped down lightweights on a sight seeing tour of the city next year....always wanted to drive across tower bridge for some reason

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?

Tring, Hertfordshire

Fred
Bake Off Judge

Post by Fred » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:46 am

fv1620 wrote:Yes Fred hopefully. Haven't worked out how early I need to get up. Do you want a lift in said vehicle?
Yes, please, Clive. That would be marvellous as it would save Mrs F having to spend hours wandering round the shops in Malvern and, as she pointed out, "we are having a road trip next weekend" - we're off to Bedford to see Neil and collect the outstanding tub cross-members then on to visit son in the south.

Let me know where we need to meet - you have my phone number.

Fred
Best,
Fred

1979 Series 3 GS, 23HF14

fv1620
Master Baker

Post by fv1620 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:34 am

OK fine didn't want to spoil a romantic day out for you. I'm on my phone balancing up the hill on a hot spot as we have no electricity, have workmen here and just managed to get to the vets in time to sort the cat and now just buried it. So bit of a difficult day. Will plan route and time when we have electricity again.
Clive Elliott

Wanted British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications.

brinv8
Pastry Chef

Post by brinv8 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:59 am

Currently the congestion charge for London is £11.50 per vehicle.

But please note that Tower Bridge is currently closed to vehicles due to repair works in progress. Therefore all traffic in this area is somewhat messed up. As an idea, it took me nearly 40minutes to do a normally 10minute journey. So not good.
Brian
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
63FL29 - 101 GS 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250