Don't let it's current looks fool you, this is a not too commonly seen 'Air-Droppable' 90 with the removable rear tub section to allow two to be stacked on a medium stressed platform. It was the replacement for the 'Recce' Lightweights. It's a shame that the roll hoop and FFR kit is missing and it's been 'civilianized'.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191557950039? ... 26_rdc%3D1
I'd quite like one for the collection myself.
Regards,
Air-Droppable 90.
Air-Droppable 90.
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Air-Droppable 90.
Didn't know the air droppables were radio controlled, always wanted one myself and been close to making the purchase twice. Be nice to see it back in full military spec again

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: Air-Droppable 90.
I noticed that Shaun. I was dangerous enough with a 1/10th RC car, it would be carnage if I was let loose with a 1/1 RC Defender.Tinweasel wrote:Didn't know the air droppables were radio controlled,
I think the hardest parts to find if you wanted to return it to spec would be the roll hoop as IIRC it's specific to this vehicle.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Air-Droppable 90.
IF I were to get one the other half would be more than happy if it were R/C so she could make sure I was never late home againAR4412 wrote:I noticed that Shaun. I was dangerous enough with a 1/10th RC car, it would be carnage if I was let loose with a 1/1 RC Defender.Tinweasel wrote:Didn't know the air droppables were radio controlled,![]()
I think the hardest parts to find if you wanted to return it to spec would be the roll hoop as IIRC it's specific to this vehicle.
Regards,
I can't imagine the roll hoop parts would be too difficult to fabricate if it came to it

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: Air-Droppable 90.
The last ones I remember were at Witham's 2 years ago?? or was it Blanchards?
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: Air-Droppable 90.
Nice but can't drive it home, not LEZ compliant.