Pegasus Parts and Vent Panels

If you have encountered or solved a problem post here
Graybeard

Pegasus Parts and Vent Panels

Post by Graybeard » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello all,
I know this is not a new problem but it is new to me so this is a plea to eveyone for advice or from personal knowledge on how to overcome a particular problem. Let me tell you the story so far: I need a new early SIII Lwt vent panel. Back around Christmas time I found a guy who said he had one but needed to get it from his mate who had taken it for painting. Despite continuous texts/emails/phone calls it took more than two months for him to finally contact me to ask was it a SII or SIII vent panel I wanted?, because the one I have is for a SII. Back to square one!

I then contacted Les Cromie who said he could supply one of these panels and every one said how good his panels were. In fact I bought a pair of footwells and side panels which were indeed excellent. Les said it might be some time before the vent panel would be available but I was in no great hurry so I ordered one. Then despite a number of emails and a phone call or two he finally admitted he would be unable to supply my part and recommended I try elsewhere.

I had read on the various forums that Pegasus Parts were making these vent panels so having checked their web-site this seemed to be the case. I had spoken to a number of club members about Pegasus and although their comments were a bit guarded, in late May I decided to go ahead and ordered one, together with the sealing strip, on line. Their estimated delivery would be some time in June. They confirmed my order and have banked my cash. June came and went, as did July, and now we are well into August. However, despite my continuous phone calls and emails I can get absolutely no response from them whatsoever.

So, my question is, does anyone have a contact with this company or can offer any advice on my best course of action? Additionally, does anyone know if their postal address is also where the manufacturing base is? I am loathe to go down the legal route at this time and really hope someone will be able to help.
KInd regards Fred :cry:

landymad
Admin

Re: Pegasus Parts and Vent Panels

Post by landymad » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Fred please drop me an email with the payment details date ect and I will try and make contact on your behalf. I cannot promise much but have assist other forum member with similar issues with other companies in the not so distant past. Sometimes a clubs voice can be more noticeable. Richard aka landie68 knows all to well. We will help as much as possible.

[email protected]
Rob.

1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------

Graybeard

Post by Graybeard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:43 am

Hi all
I just thought I would like to conclude this thread as follows and let anyone contemplating ordering from Pegasus Parts know that they may face a long delivery time. Now read on!!!
I am pleased to say that I have now, finally, received the vent panel from Pegasus which was ordered last May. It has been a very frustrating time trying to chase this part as phoning and emails failed to elicit any response at all. I have had to resort to making personal visits to Paul at his manufacturing base on two occasions in an attempt to hurry things along.
However, I am pleased to report that, despite the excessive waiting time, now that I have the assembly I can say that the engineering standard is of a very high quality and when making a dry fitting prior to painting the panel it fitted perfectly with all bolt holes etc. aligning perfectly and the vent apertures accepting the vents very snuggly.
Once this is painted and fitted it will allow me to complete the restoration and I hope to have it ready in time to participate in some shows during the coming season, and look forward to meeting fellow members.
Kind regards Fred

Sidders101
Bake Off Judge

Post by Sidders101 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi Fred..glad to hear you finally got a result and ace support from our very own Rob.
Vulgar question but out of interest what was the approximate price on this item...please feel free to PM me if you don't wish to publicly disclose..Sidders
Sidders

1974 Series 3 LWT 12v RHD 69-FM-24 , Royal Marines ("Intrepid")
1976 101 forward control gun tractor 12v RHD- 73-FL-43 ex 1,2 & 3 Para ("Kryten")
1979 Sankey NT Trailer 06-HF-86 78 Engr Reg (Herman)
1978 Trophy Frank Spencer impression (1st place)

Bob Fell
Bake Off Judge

Post by Bob Fell » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi Fred,
I'm very pleased that at long last it arrived and what's more the quality is there. If this guy (Paul) can get his act together on delivery and maintain the quality, he's on a winner but as a small operator we may have to be extremely patient of his lead times. I wouldn't mind waiting if the quality is spot on.
For Sidders, his advertised price is £580 which for me is very reasonable, especially so if the quality is there - see Pegasus website https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... toJ298U2Rv
Regards
Bob
042Bobf

19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.

the landy man
Bake Off Judge

Post by the landy man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I agree with you there Bob,
Worth the wait at that price.
..ROD..
Bognor Regis,West Sussex

1972 S3 LIGHTWEIGHT 53 AM 74,RAF GS .Waddington strike command
1979 LIGHTWEIGHT 10 GX 11,GS .Black watch 1st battalion
1964 SERIES 2A..
Sankey narrow track,29 EN 84
Mankey Sankey NT.
1985 Armstrong MT500, 07 KE 57. (no relation to Neil)
1959 Triumph 5TA .

Landie68
Master Baker

Post by Landie68 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Very pleased to hear you finally have your vent panel, I know how frustrating it is when a supplier fails to respond to your communication with them.

If anyone is reading this thread and rushes off to Ashtree's for a vent panel, forget it is my advice (just my personal opinion of that particular company).

Maybe the best advice to anyone contemplating buying a replacement vent panel is, pay a deposit rather than the full amount, and think double the delivery time to that stated.

Sorry to pinch your thread on this.
Regards
Richard

Discovery Sport
15FM83 ex 15 Para and 7 PO's