These don't come up for sale often

Discuss all items of issued clothing
Tinweasel
Maître Pâtissier

These don't come up for sale often

Post by Tinweasel » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Any avid collecter of british uniform items may be after one of these to complete an impression

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1778188127

Shaun

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?

Tring, Hertfordshire

fv1620
Master Baker

Re: These don't come up for sale often

Post by fv1620 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Oh gee Shaun thanks a bundle, now I've followed the link I'm going to get pestered by ebay with links to similar items, that's going to take some explaining when it shows up on my PC :mrgreen:
Clive Elliott

Wanted British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications.

Jiml

Post by Jiml » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:34 pm

A lovely piece of webbing :D
52HG42 my current love interest

andrewjsimpson1977
Bake Off Judge

Post by andrewjsimpson1977 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Reminds me of someone..
GordonCan.jpg
GordonCan.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 351 times
:lol:

Fred
Bake Off Judge

Post by Fred » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Reminds me of my basic training. In wet cold weather wearing long johns was hopeless as they soaked up water and never got dry, so we were encouraged to wear ladies tights. I wanted a pair, but, living in a village, wasn't prepared to try buying them in the village shop. So I asked my mother to get them for me. "What size are you after?" says the village gossip, AKA shopkeeper, Without thinking my mother replied, "Oh, big enough to fit Fred!"

Fred
Best,
Fred

1979 Series 3 GS, 23HF14

Bob Fell
Bake Off Judge

Post by Bob Fell » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Fred wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 pm
Reminds me of my basic training. In wet cold weather wearing long johns was hopeless as they soaked up water and never got dry, so we were encouraged to wear ladies tights. I wanted a pair, but, living in a village, wasn't prepared to try buying them in the village shop. So I asked my mother to get them for me. "What size are you after?" says the village gossip, AKA shopkeeper, Without thinking my mother replied, "Oh, big enough to fit Fred!"

Fred
Have to say it, wet long johns in cold weather were a very quick way to hypothermia (as well as major chaffing issues to the nether regions) and ladies tights (of the larger ladies) were very common on freezing cold, wet exercise but being blessed with the unlimited resources of the RAF and a very resourceful Cpl storeman, of you which you always looked after, the RAF Fire Service cellular vests and leggings were the preferred kit for some of us on MOB's.

Now then Shaun, as an avid collector of British military uniform kit, do you have anything to tell us further :?

Regards
Bob
042Bobf

19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.

Tinweasel
Maître Pâtissier

Post by Tinweasel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Bob Fell wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Now then Shaun, as an avid collector of British military uniform kit, do you have anything to tell us further :?
Ummm.................

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?

Tring, Hertfordshire