Hi All

Hi, you have found the Military Lightweight Club Forum!

This Forum is intended as a place to discuss your projects and/or military equipment, ask questions, share knowledge and help one another.

Please register and feel free to introduce yourself and share your views and opinions with other like minded people.

Kind regards, Military Lightweight
mt bandit

Hi All

Post by mt bandit » Sat May 12, 2018 9:09 am

Good morning everyone,
quick intro, i'm a avid collector of Armstrong MT 500 motorcycles , they served between 1985 - 1992 ish , when I say collector it's more like an illness really :! ,
So I got carried away on the Withams site a month or so ago , and bought a Snatch 2a :roll:
So far I've restored the bullet proof glass and balls' d up the fuel pump timing :oops: whilst attempting to change all the belts ,
I'm quite sure i'll do everyones head in with twatty questions , looking forward to chatting to you all
Mick

the landy man
Bake Off Judge

Re: Hi All

Post by the landy man » Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 am

Hi Mick and welcome to the forum,I saw your post about the snatch on the MT riders forum 8-) .
I'm a member,mt500 owner and look forward to your progress reports with the snatch 8-) .
My MT is a little battered at the moment as I was "taken out"on Thursday morning and I'm just about to go into theatre for my repairs,the MT will be done as soon a I can walk,use my hands Etc Etc. :shock:
..ROD..
Bognor Regis,West Sussex

1972 S3 LIGHTWEIGHT 53 AM 74,RAF GS .Waddington strike command
1979 LIGHTWEIGHT 10 GX 11,GS .Black watch 1st battalion
1964 SERIES 2A..
Sankey narrow track,desert sand.
Mankey Sankey NT.
Armstrong MT500, green. (no relation to Neil)
1959 Triumph 5TA .

AR4412
Maître Pâtissier

Post by AR4412 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm

:o

Hiya Rod,

Sorry to hear you were wiped out mate. (Bloody SMIDSY's! :evil: ) I hope you will back to your usual rude health in the shortest time possible.

(The only time I've been hit was on an MT350, on my test of all days. Luckily I managed to take avoiding action, so it was just a glancing blow and I stayed upright.)

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE.

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex SFSG/2 PARA/3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

mt bandit

Post by mt bandit » Sat May 12, 2018 10:15 pm

hope you get well soon Rod ,
i'll keep you posted on my snatch , popped down to see my mates today at the isle of wight military museum , where one of my mt500's currently rests, i'm hoping to get one of my mates down to sort the timing out , tomorrow , night all