Search found 8 matches

by Puddlejumper1
Fri Aug 07, 2026 6:22 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Lifting eye shackles
Replies: 2
Views: 4475

Re: Lifting eye shackles

thanks for the feedback, Will.
I think I do need to test out a shackle before ordering something that only sort of fits.
I will report back if I find something useful.

Toby
by Puddlejumper1
Tue Aug 04, 2026 4:55 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Lifting eye shackles
Replies: 2
Views: 4475

Lifting eye shackles

I've now fitted the missing front and rear lifting eyes. It would be good to get some shackles to go through the eye bolts. Can anyone recommend a source to get the right ones or modern ones that fit well. https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/galvanised-steel-us-federal-us-federal-rr-c-271-d-shackles/ The 1...
by Puddlejumper1
Tue Sep 23, 2025 10:24 am
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: External fuel filler surround
Replies: 3
Views: 8994

Re: External fuel filler surround

Thanks Neil, I had come across this one on my searches, but at circa £160 it a lot of money to take a punt on. There are also similar surrounds for the willys jeep and several other American flat bed pick ups, but nothing that matches. I will see what the fabrication cost is. £200 or less I could ma...
by Puddlejumper1
Fri Sep 19, 2025 9:51 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: External fuel filler surround
Replies: 3
Views: 8994

External fuel filler surround

My lightweight is fitted with an external fuel filler, civvie style. The surround seems to be plastic coated steel and is rusting merrily away under the plastic coating. I can’t find a replacement filler surround. I could ask someone to fabricate a new one, but before I do, does anyone recognise thi...
by Puddlejumper1
Wed Aug 13, 2025 12:43 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Perished clutch hose
Replies: 2
Views: 6510

Re: Perished clutch hose

Neil, thanks for your reply. The hose (about 7-8" long) is mounted on the bulkhead near the top of the engine - there is a solid pipe coming into each end. If I can work out how to use a photo sharing site, on my work laptop, then I will share a pic or two. The good news is that despite expecta...
by Puddlejumper1
Sun Aug 10, 2025 10:33 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Perished clutch hose
Replies: 2
Views: 6510

Perished clutch hose

I have traced my slow clutch fluid leak to a perished braided hose at the back of the engine bay. I'm pretty sure the previous owner gave up on this problem also, as I found a new clutch hose in the box of bits that came with the lightweight. Access is difficult with the V8 in way and the clutch lin...
by Puddlejumper1
Thu Aug 07, 2025 5:49 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Brake lights not working
Replies: 4
Views: 9483

Re: Brake lights not working

Thanks both for your responses. I found a lose connection on the break pedal switch and problem solved. On the way I managed to rupture a the braided rear brake hose and spent about a week trying to get the old coupling off the chassis hanger. Resorted to using a recip saw to chop it off yesterday, ...
by Puddlejumper1
Sun Jul 27, 2025 10:14 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Brake lights not working
Replies: 4
Views: 9483

Brake lights not working

Hello, I am a new Lightweight owner of about 10 days, so am having to learn a lot, very fast. Checking the dashboard and lights, everything seems to work with exception of the brake lights. The tail lights work on the 3 no left hand settings of the 6 way switch, but the brake lights won't come on. I...