Search found 11 matches

by Airdropable
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:50 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?
Replies: 6
Views: 1321

Re: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?

Hmm, have to check the Spare Parts List again. Funny what was transitional in the really late 2A's and what wasn't. Looks like 36 FG 71 had a lot of mods done. Sounds like we both have a similar interest in restoring to original. It's always amazing to see how much can rust on a vehicle made half ou...
by Airdropable
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:35 pm
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?
Replies: 6
Views: 1321

Re: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?

Thanks diffwhine, yeah definitely. Yours saw some salty roads huh? Even the chassis rust I haven't shown pictures of isn't too bad and they did some good work too. Hoping the bulkhead and upper bulkhead aren't too rusted under that sticky goo that is in there. I was happy I had the wiper covers but ...
by Airdropable
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?
Replies: 6
Views: 1321

Re: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?

Yeah it is a 1971 (late) S2A GS LHD, Ex-BAOR. There was quite a bit of rubbish work done by one PO or another and it is missing a fair amount of lightweight specific cosmetic bits (which I've made a list of the ones I know about but have not got yet) but it is pretty good overall. Good to know it so...
by Airdropable
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:29 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?
Replies: 6
Views: 1321

Is my Lightweight a bit of a bitsa?

Is my SIIa/Rover 1 Lightweight a bit of a bitsa? Were the major Lightweight components originally serial number matching out of the factory, or are some of these part numbers? My Chassis Number is 23900742B from the data plate on the bulkhead and I did find 239007??? on the dumb iron. The engine is ...
by Airdropable
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 am
Forum: Military Vehicle History
Topic: 73FM64 LIGHTWEIGHT HISTORY AND DOCS?
Replies: 5
Views: 7813

Re: 73FM64 LIGHTWEIGHT HISTORY AND DOCS?

SteveSwann wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:54 pm

As a sub note - any pointers to someone that could produce a good repro military number plate?
A little late I know, but I was thinking of trying Chestnut Registrations. Thier web page states they have vintage MOD style plates:

http://www.chestnut-registrations.co.uk ... lates.aspx
by Airdropable
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:26 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Brake System and Master Cylinder
Replies: 1
Views: 3624

Brake System and Master Cylinder

What are the correct master cylinders. clutch and brake systems for a very late SIIA/Rover 1? I would like to restore my Lwt to the stock factory configuration. I have gotten a good answer previously that it would have been a CB type for each with the shared reservoir, but I was still a little confu...
by Airdropable
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:59 pm
Forum: Military Vehicle History
Topic: B Card vs year built and paint colors
Replies: 8
Views: 8949

Re: B Card vs year built and paint colors

Well, got a little distracted away from rovers for a while. Interesting on the ink. At any rate based on what I've got and been able to find out I'm thinking of returning to DBG and how the vehicle might have looked early on with the Scots Guards for my resto. And getting rid of the bitumen! Until i...
by Airdropable
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:32 am
Forum: Military Vehicle History
Topic: B Card vs year built and paint colors
Replies: 8
Views: 8949

Re: B Card vs year built and paint colors

Wow very detailed, thank you very much. Apropos of the completeness of the card; based on the different ink colors I figured someone did some clarifications. I was wondering if it was the archivist at the RLC Museum or if it was just the last person to deal with the card in the service. I thought I ...
by Airdropable
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:29 am
Forum: Military Vehicle History
Topic: B Card vs year built and paint colors
Replies: 8
Views: 8949

Re: B Card vs year built and paint colors

And finally:


_DSC3858.JPG
_DSC3858.JPG (459.85 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
by Airdropable
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 am
Forum: Military Vehicle History
Topic: B Card vs year built and paint colors
Replies: 8
Views: 8949

Re: B Card vs year built and paint colors

More pics:


_DSC3857.JPG
_DSC3857.JPG (622.36 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
_DSC3860.JPG
_DSC3860.JPG (977.57 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
_DSC3866.JPG
_DSC3866.JPG (807.8 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
_DSC3868.JPG
_DSC3868.JPG (941.72 KiB) Viewed 8947 times