Search found 176 matches

by Foz31
Mon Mar 16, 2026 10:27 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Worn bulb holders
Replies: 1
Views: 6010

Worn bulb holders

The bulb holders for my rear lights, sidelights and indicators are giving up the ghost. Firstly the recesses that take the staggered bayonets on the bulbs are so worn that the bulbs are just not being held, and secondly the sprung end disc with the bulb connector(s) have lost all their spring, makin...
by Foz31
Wed Feb 25, 2026 9:51 am
Forum: Problems
Topic: Sliding window runner problem
Replies: 3
Views: 6477

Re: Sliding window runner problem

Thanks Dormy…I have new runners on the way. If I fit the top runner, pack it with shins if needed, then screw it in place then I’ll avoid deforming the runner sideways and should be OK.
by Foz31
Tue Feb 24, 2026 2:14 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Sliding window runner problem
Replies: 3
Views: 6477

Re: Sliding window runner problem

I’ve just watched a YouTube video where the pane is fitted into the fixed bottom runner and the loose top runner then that runner is screwed in place…I guess that would be a good place for me to start :shock:
by Foz31
Tue Feb 24, 2026 1:21 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Sliding window runner problem
Replies: 3
Views: 6477

Sliding window runner problem

Help/advice appreciated: the top runner on my driver’s side sliding pane has so much sideways play that the glass falls out when open. Part of the problem is my own making ie the only way I can get the pane in is to push on the top runner sideways for the glass to clear it. The usual approach with t...
by Foz31
Thu Sep 18, 2025 7:15 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Gearbox and axle drain bolts - crush washer?
Replies: 2
Views: 7525

Re: Gearbox and axle drain bolts - crush washer?

Thanks Neil, as always
by Foz31
Thu Sep 18, 2025 3:36 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Gearbox and axle drain bolts - crush washer?
Replies: 2
Views: 7525

Gearbox and axle drain bolts - crush washer?

Hi, can you get the crush washer for the gearbox and axle drain bolts? I can get them for all other drain bolts but can only find flat non crushable ones for this biggest size… Also, I ordered new drain bolts for the axles and they look correct but the thread must be different…are there various opti...
by Foz31
Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:55 am
Forum: Problems
Topic: 6way master light switch
Replies: 6
Views: 1374

Re: 6way master light switch

Exactly what Bob said: my headlamp fuse blow issue was traced to the 6 way switch so I invested in a new one (101parts seemed the cheapest and the only difference is the knob which has a hole for a lock, so I just used my existing knob…and the wire connector spades have smaller holes so I just used ...
by Foz31
Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:47 am
Forum: Problems
Topic: Electrical issues
Replies: 7
Views: 1993

Re: Electrical issues

I know Ridgy, hard to imagine. But it was pitch black, no interior lights on, just a 600m drive to ferry check-in, and all straps and ropes on the tilt flap in place. We didn’t even think to look in the back. When he was discovered he’d hidden under our bags and blankets. Lesson learned to be more v...
by Foz31
Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:07 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Electrical issues
Replies: 7
Views: 1993

Re: Electrical issues

Well, I’ve finally got my lights fixed - turns out it was the 6-way switch. Tried rinsing it out with contact spray and got a ton of rubbish out, but didn’t dare take it apart and it didn’t resolve the problem. Bit the bullet and fitted a new one. But that was only after I negotiated a week in Norma...
by Foz31
Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:05 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Electrical issues
Replies: 7
Views: 1993

Re: Electrical issues

;) ;) Thanks Victor, I appreciate you taking the time for all that. I leave for Normandy in a couple of weeks so thankfully I have time to fix. I’ll check all I can, then if no luck I’ll head over to Safari Engineering (with hand signals 😉). They suggested I try bypassing/direct wire the IR switch t...