Search found 56 matches
- Tue Jun 23, 2026 10:40 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Series 2a 35 FG 55
- Replies: 41
- Views: 24422
Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55
Almost 6 years later… I’m back, I’m definitely back! I’ve had a wee side project on the go getting my ‘62 2a 88” on the road - all it needed was a couple of parts here and there… then a few more, and more and… Anyway, I’m on track with the Lightweight and hope to publish some progress on here. But I...
- Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:20 am
- Forum: Problems
- Topic: 2a 11 Leaf Spring Clamp
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1362
Re: 2a 11 Leaf Spring Clamp
True it would be a good time to do that. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet, I’m the true spirit of Landrover restoration I’ve yet to start one job on it that hasn’t grown legs. This project was a runner, I had driven it extensively over the last decade before I bought it from my pal and had it t...
- Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:54 am
- Forum: Problems
- Topic: 2a 11 Leaf Spring Clamp
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1362
Re: 2a 11 Leaf Spring Clamp
Thanks for the reply, I guess I could make one myself after sourcing some stock. Thanks.
- Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm
- Forum: Problems
- Topic: 2a 11 Leaf Spring Clamp
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1362
2a 11 Leaf Spring Clamp
Hi Folks, been diverted from the Lightweight while i get my 1962 88" 2a on the road first - bit of a dry run before the main project. Got an issue with the rear nearside Leaf Spring Clamps (not U bolts). 2 of the clamps have splayed out on the top and fractured off in one case. Springs are Brit...
- Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:09 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Series 2a 35 FG 55
- Replies: 41
- Views: 24422
Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55
Been a bit side tracked on the other 88" 2a, need to get it on the road again before I get the go-ahead to get back to work so i can settle the credit card bill... Mind you, i seem to be spending a lot of time fixing an other guys fixing. - so am now working on the principle of - " The Nex...
- Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:21 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Series 2a 35 FG 55
- Replies: 41
- Views: 24422
Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55
It's a Gas Gas Gas
Gas situation sorted, time to:
Turn Up the Heat
Turn Up the Wire Feed
Prepare to weld... Weld!
Time for Beer.
Gas situation sorted, time to:
Turn Up the Heat
Turn Up the Wire Feed
Prepare to weld... Weld!
Time for Beer.
- Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Series 2a 35 FG 55
- Replies: 41
- Views: 24422
Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55
Hi Dougie, I see you have the same welder as me, and have suffered the same problem of it 'self venting' the bottle. I unscrew the regulator from the bottle by a couple of turns between jobs, if there will be a bit of a pause for marking up/alignment clamping etc.... and remove it completely for a ...
- Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:59 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Series 2a 35 FG 55
- Replies: 41
- Views: 24422
Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55
Life's a Gas. Bit of a lull in 2a towers, few domestic things that needed attention .. so today got stuck into the Driver's side A Pillar. Buoyed up after working on Passenger side - how hard was this going to be? Got stuck in with the saw and the grinder and extracted the old pillar. No problem. IM...
- Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:19 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Monty the rather rusty 2A - 37FG31
- Replies: 2234
- Views: 373663
Re: Monty the rather rusty 2A - 37FG31
Hi Andy
Thought i had a spare for you, checked out the spare tub i have lying in my back garden and the nuts on that nut plate are hex in shape - its a series 3. Looked at my 2a and they are same as your looking for. So can't help you, sorry.
Dougie
Thought i had a spare for you, checked out the spare tub i have lying in my back garden and the nuts on that nut plate are hex in shape - its a series 3. Looked at my 2a and they are same as your looking for. So can't help you, sorry.
Dougie
- Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:05 pm
- Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
- Topic: Series 2a 35 FG 55
- Replies: 41
- Views: 24422
Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55
Hi,
Excellent, yes that makes sense, I can picture that.
Dougie
Excellent, yes that makes sense, I can picture that.
Dougie