Kaci
B CARD DECIPHER
-
autokaci
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
Can somebody please list all the colour codes as I'm sure it would save time over asking for each code
Kaci
Kaci
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
As far as I understand it all lightweights were delivered in bronze green or NATO green not sure when the change over happened, any black or sand camo was added after delivery by the military.
Cheers
Shaun
Cheers
Shaun

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
-
autokaci
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
That's what I'm led to believe Shaun, though it would be nice to learn when the change over took place.
What I am after though is the colour codes found on the B cards. FV1620 (Clive) seems to have a list of these colours and that is what I'm after.
What is 76 for example?
Kaci
What I am after though is the colour codes found on the B cards. FV1620 (Clive) seems to have a list of these colours and that is what I'm after.
What is 76 for example?
Kaci
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
Here you are:
First Character - Colour
1 Red
2 Blue
3 Yellow
4 Brown
5 Black
6 Orange
7 Green
8 White
9 Grey
0 Multi-coloured
A Army/NATO Green
R RAF Blue
N Royal Navy Blue
S Sand
C Civilian - Any Commercial Colour
Second Character - Finish
1 Matt
2 Gloss
3 Trade Finish (for commercial vehicles & cars)
4 Disruptive Pattern
5 Distinctive Pattern
6 Infra Red Reflective - IRR
7 Infra Red Reflective - IRR Disruptive Pattern
8 Distinctive Pattern IRR
00 seems to be where the paint code is unknown but it records that it is not error of omission. Similarly I have seen the Asset Code recorded as 0000-0000
First Character - Colour
1 Red
2 Blue
3 Yellow
4 Brown
5 Black
6 Orange
7 Green
8 White
9 Grey
0 Multi-coloured
A Army/NATO Green
R RAF Blue
N Royal Navy Blue
S Sand
C Civilian - Any Commercial Colour
Second Character - Finish
1 Matt
2 Gloss
3 Trade Finish (for commercial vehicles & cars)
4 Disruptive Pattern
5 Distinctive Pattern
6 Infra Red Reflective - IRR
7 Infra Red Reflective - IRR Disruptive Pattern
8 Distinctive Pattern IRR
00 seems to be where the paint code is unknown but it records that it is not error of omission. Similarly I have seen the Asset Code recorded as 0000-0000
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
Brilliant info Clive,
Thanks & best regards,
Bob
Thanks & best regards,
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
Glad it's of use Bob.
A - I assume it would in practice be OD/NATO Green
7 - Mostly likely DBG although I have genuine issue paint that is "Dark Green" so I expect that would be included here.
These are the codes published in Claudio's book. The authority they come from is extracted from:
Army Code No 60933 (Pam 1 Part 1)
Materiel Regulations for the Army Volume 1
Materiel Management and Supply
Pamphlet No 1 Part 1
Supply of Materiel 2002
Although this was subsumed into:
The Defence Supply Chain Manual
JSP 336 (3rd edition) Volume 12
Materiel Management and Supply
Pamphlet 1-1
Supply of Materiel
Version 1.00 01 Apr 04
Phew! Just in case someone thought I'd made it all up
A - I assume it would in practice be OD/NATO Green
7 - Mostly likely DBG although I have genuine issue paint that is "Dark Green" so I expect that would be included here.
These are the codes published in Claudio's book. The authority they come from is extracted from:
Army Code No 60933 (Pam 1 Part 1)
Materiel Regulations for the Army Volume 1
Materiel Management and Supply
Pamphlet No 1 Part 1
Supply of Materiel 2002
Although this was subsumed into:
The Defence Supply Chain Manual
JSP 336 (3rd edition) Volume 12
Materiel Management and Supply
Pamphlet 1-1
Supply of Materiel
Version 1.00 01 Apr 04
Phew! Just in case someone thought I'd made it all up
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
-
autokaci
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
Excellent Clive....that is exactly what I was after.
Also could you please tell me what is Claudio's book? Maybe a photo would be nice as well
Thanks.
Kaci
Also could you please tell me what is Claudio's book? Maybe a photo would be nice as well
Thanks.
Kaci
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
There are some things here that may interest you Kaci. Not just the Lightweight but trailers used with them & the Clansmen set ups.
http://www.registrostoricolandrover.eu/ ... Itemid=111
Written in English & Italian










You will see it is priced at 58 euros. I have one or poss two that can be had at a promotional price. Several members on here have copies so you can ask what they think of it.
http://www.registrostoricolandrover.eu/ ... Itemid=111
Written in English & Italian










You will see it is priced at 58 euros. I have one or poss two that can be had at a promotional price. Several members on here have copies so you can ask what they think of it.
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
Hi Clive,
Thanks for the pics of the contents of the book, it's on my to buy list. I saw Gordy has a copy as it was in the background of one of his pictures and I was going to ask him how good it was when I see him next. Having seen some of the content pics I think I will have to get it.
Regards,
Thanks for the pics of the contents of the book, it's on my to buy list. I saw Gordy has a copy as it was in the background of one of his pictures and I was going to ask him how good it was when I see him next. Having seen some of the content pics I think I will have to get it.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
-
Gordon Bennett
- Maître Pâtissier
- Posts: 7422
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Re: B CARD DECIPHER
fv1620 wrote:Several members on here have copies so you can ask what they think of it.
Hi,AR4412 wrote:Hi Clive,
Thanks for the pics of the contents of the book, it's on my to buy list. I saw Gordy has a copy as it was in the background of one of his pictures and I was going to ask him how good it was when I see him next. Having seen some of the content pics I think I will have to get it.
Regards,
There are few books specifically about these vehicles, so for me it's a 'must have' and it sits alongside Mark Cook's book in my bookcase.
Rgds,
Gordon